My sister Georgina, came up with this yummy chocolate cake recipe using the cinnamon spiced drinking chocolate. It is named after my little 5 month old nephew william who is far from wicked, although he does have a cheeky smile thats for sure!!!
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Spray 20 centimetre springform pan with vegetable oil
- Beat hard until smooth: 3 tbsp softened butter, 1 cup self-raising flour, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 3 tbsp Grounded Pleasures Cinnamon Spiced Drinking Chocolate, 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pour batter into the prepared pan
- Bake for 40 minutes (or until cake just comes back into shape when top is poked)
- Cool slightly in pan, until cake comes away from the side, then cool completely on a cake rack
- For a rich, yummy icing, beat hard until fluffy: 1 cup icing mixture, 2 tbsp Grounded Pleasures Cinnamon Spiced Drinking Chocolate, 3 tbsp softened butter, 1 tsp vanilla essence and a dribble of your favourite liquor.
If desired, Frangelico or Kahlua can be substituted for the vanilla essence in steps 3 and/or 7.